A subtle blend of pork and mix herbs. Winner of multiple gold awards by both John and David. Perfect for toad in the hole, casseroles and of course the great British BBQ
With a wide range of carefully prepared award winning sausages and burgers you are sure to come back for more. Many customers travel far and wide, just read some of our reviews. Johns first award was in 1988 where he received a National Silver Award followed by numerous regional awards. This has been followed by many national and regional awards and now his apprentice butcher, David, has followed in his footsteps with awards of his own.
All our sausages are handmade. Our more popular varieties are available weekly, our regulars so to speak, which include
- Gold - Pork and mixed herbs a brilliant all round sausage and one of our most popular.
- Old English - Mild spices good for breakfast or dinner. Especially with mash and a glass of beer.
- Chipolatas - Commonly known as 'Chips' by our regular customers. Children love them! They work well in salads, for breakfast and on the BBQ plus wrapped with bacon for Xmas. A thinner sausage quick to cook.
- Sausage Meat - Varies depending on what's been made this week, can be used for all sorts including Stuffing, sausage burgers, meat balls, etc.
- Beef Burgers - Not a sausage but just as popular with our latest offering the Moroccan Beef Burger and the Gluten free burger.
We have a vast variety of speciality sausages and burgers, we can normally have these ready within 3 working days. Please call 01252 543283 to place your enquire availability or to order.
A pork sausage mildly spiced great on the breakfast plate
Pork sausage using a gluten mix. You honestly cannot tell the difference.
A gold mix of pork sausage but smaller and thinner as would be expected by this style of sausage. Children love them but the adults eat them all.
Chunks of black pudding blended with aromatic apple seasoning and pork mince.
Beef sausage mixed with fresh (when in season) Chive from the garden with the subtle warmth of hot horseradish.
Pork sausages with softer flavour and a nice gentle warmth which has a little less heat than the welsh dragon.
Fairly self explanatory, a very tasty pork sausage with a kick of pepper. Use on the BBQ, make a tasty sandwich or serve with mash and gravy
French (otherwise know as Toulouse) is a popular variety of pork sausage with a perfect balance of garlic.
A flavoursome mix of pork and spanish spices, very close to choritzo, these can vary in heat and the spice is on par with the that of the Welsh Dragon.